B2B marketing can typically be more complex than targeting consumers. Companies must be able to show authority and expertise while promoting their products and services, and there are layers of strategies marketers must use to launch a successful campaign.
Today’s article has over 15 data-driven B2B marketing strategies for 2022 that can help you back up your processes in the coming year. The facts and figures are organized by topic, so you can easily find the right topic. If you’re looking for trends, facts, or insight, these B2B marketing statistics will give you the information needed to make informed decisions.
For Marketing Trends, Digital Is the Way to Go
B2B companies are increasingly looking to use their marketing budget more wisely and efficiently. To make the most of their investments, it’s important to understand where they plan to focus their efforts in the coming year.
- Around half of marketers are looking to use more artificial intelligence.
- Forty-six percent of businesses that sell to other businesses plan to put money into account-based marketing strategies.
- Forty-five percent of marketers plan to use social marketing tools more, such as social media platforms and other online tools, to promote their businesses and products.
- Forty-three percent of marketers plan to invest more resources into analytical tools to understand better and measure their marketing efforts.
By analyzing the data, it’s evident that B2B businesses are looking to prioritize their digital marketing activities, such as content marketing, SEO, and social media marketing. Email marketing and search engine optimization are two areas that are expected to be heavily invested in.
For Marketing Statistics, a Structured Approach Is Necessary
From the most popular methods of lead generation to the advantages of digital marketing, numerous statistics can provide insight into what works and what doesn’t, such as:
- Nearly nine out of ten companies with other businesses have an account-based marketing program.
- Almost four out of five non-managerial employees in business-to-business environments are involved in making purchasing decisions for their companies.
- Most businesses that deal with other businesses have an established blueprint for their marketing strategies.
- Before B2B customers reach out to a business, they have done 57 percent of their research and are close to making their purchase decision.
For Email Marketing, Use It More Often
Email marketing is a more popular B2B marketing strategy with a great return on investment. This means that every dollar invested; generates $44 in profit. Many B2B marketing professionals believe email marketing is a great way to draw more leads and increase profits.
- People spend an average of 10 to 60 minutes per week checking their emails.
- Almost 9 out of 10 B2B marketers utilize email to disseminate content to their customers and other stakeholders.
- The majority of businesses that deal with other businesses include email marketing as a way of communication and promotion.
- Nearly four out of five B2B marketers create email newsletters as part of their marketing strategy.
For Lead Generation, Employ Multiple Approaches
Generating leads is one of the greatest struggles that B2B marketers face. Thus, what techniques bring about the most beneficial outcomes when trying to draw in potential leads? As we’ll see in the points below, it’s with a multi-pronged approach of website, email marketing, SEO, and social media marketing.
- Eighty-six percent of businesses selling products or services to other businesses use their website to communicate with customers and potential customers.
- Almost four out of every ten businesses in the B2B market consider email marketing as the most effective way to generate leads.
- Thirty-three percent of business-to-business companies have reported that optimizing their website for search engine results is the most successful way for them to generate leads.
- Thirty-three percent of businesses that sell to other businesses (B2B) consider social media their most effective way of generating leads.
For Content Marketing, Frequency Is Key
Content marketing is a strategy used by B2B companies that involves producing and sharing content like blog posts, videos, or infographics to attract and retain customers. It is an effective way to reach potential customers, as it has been shown that businesses that use content marketing see six times more conversions than businesses that do not use this strategy.
- Nearly half of all business-to-business buyers review three to five pieces of information before they contact a salesperson.
- Sixty percent of people are motivated to look for a specific product or service after reading about it.
- Most individuals anticipate that businesses will create content for them to consume.
- This year, content marketing is anticipated to generate an estimated $50 billion, a nearly 90 percent increase from the $26.5 billion generated in 2014.
Level Up Your B2B Marketing Strategies with Acquisent
Success in B2B is tied together with leveraging virtual technologies to reach more customers in an ever-growing digital landscape. Ensure it is structured and omnidirectional to increase visibility, generate more leads, and yield a higher ROI by year’s end.
Scaling businesses can be challenging, but not when you have the right tools Acquisent provides clients. Our 3-step ABM system empowers software founders, CEOs, and more to improve their B2B marketing strategies to convert and sell faster than ever. Book your demo through our website today!