Content marketing can be used to acquire, engage, and retain customers. Despite the benefits of content marketing, many B2B firms still have a long way to go. As such, you shouldn’t be left behind.
Today, we have many B2B content marketing data sets to share with you. Read on to learn more about content marketing tips and ideas based on these figures.
Understanding the True Essence of Content Marketing
Before speaking with a salesperson, 47% of B2B customers review three to five pieces of material. Perhaps this is why, according to 92% of content marketers, their firm values content.
Around 60% of people who read about a product purchase it. At the same time, customers are expecting brand content in 84% of cases.
Sales of content marketing services will exceed $50 billion in 2019, up from $26.5 billion in 2014. Content marketing generates three times the number of leads for 62% less money.
Content Marketing for B2B Today
Today, 75% of B2B marketers that do not yet have a content strategy intend to build one within a year. Content marketing is used by 91% of B2B marketers. The main reasons why some B2B marketers do not build a content marketing strategy are a small team size (67%) and a lack of time (44%).
Statistics on Content Marketing
Here are the most important content marketing statistics:
- HubSpot: Content marketing is used by 82% of marketers, while SEO is used by 69% of marketers. Video was also the most popular type of material in 2022, followed by blogs and images. When it comes to written content, 73% of blog readers skim through content, while 27% read them thoroughly.
- According to the Content Marketing Institute (CMI), 60% of the most effective B2B marketers have a defined content marketing strategy.
- The Manifest has found that 51% of content marketing experts post on a daily basis.
- Wyzowl has found that a quick video was chosen by 73% of respondents. Textual articles, webpages, and postings are preferred by 11%. Infographics are enjoyed by 4% of people. 3% are interested in ebooks or instructions. Webinars and sales pitches are preferred by 3%, and a sales call or demo is preferred by 3%.
Statistics on content marketing
Content marketing for businesses.
- Content creation aims to increase revenue, customer engagements, and brand visibility (eMarketer).
- Content marketing generates three times the number of leads and costs 62% less than outbound marketing (Demand Metric).
- 72% of top marketers in North America track the ROI of content marketing (eMarketer).
- According to Hubspot, 83% of marketers believe that quality beats quantity, even if it means posting less frequently (Hubspot).
What B2B Content Marketers Have to Say
According to CMI, only 7% of B2B marketers do not intend to use a content marketing strategy. 83% of B2B marketers differentiate themselves through content quality and unknown topics/stories. Most B2B marketers also value audience comprehension over promotional/sales messages.
Today, LinkedIn is used by 96% of B2B marketers, paid channels are used by 67% of B2B marketers, and 78% of B2B marketers undertake SEO keyword research.
ROI Content Marketing Success Rates
- ROI is measured by 55% of B2B content marketers.
- For 71% of marketing professionals, the most difficult challenge is attributing social and content to income.
- The majority of B2B marketers can demonstrate through analytics how content marketing increases audience engagement and lead generation.
- 51% of B2B marketers believe content marketing has increased sales.
- 25% of B2B marketers can show that content marketing reduces customer acquisition costs.
- 47% of B2B organizations do not track the ROI of content marketing, citing a lack of formal reason and a desire for a more straightforward approach.
- 54% of B2B content marketers say they are successfully linking measurements to objectives.
- 60% of B2B marketers rely on web traffic, 51% on sales lead quality, and 45% on social media sharing.
In this day and age, you must already know how much impact you can make with content and an effective content marketing strategy. Now that we have the statistics to concretize content marketing success, make sure you don’t miss out on this opportunity. Simply get to work to see your desired results materialize!
Are you in need of a creative content marketing strategy? Acquisent can make things happen with you and for you. Book a demo with us today!